Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

An Award!


I was given the Illuminating Blogger Award for illuminating, informative blog content by C. J. at
http://foodstoriesblog.com/. If you like food, check out her blog!
Thank you, C. J.!

I am supposed to share one random fact about myself with you, my readers.
I had to think about that for a while,
but...
My favorite stories when I was small were in two books which my mother read to me over and over--
Winnie-the-Pooh
and 
The House At Pooh Corner
by A. A. Milne, with decorations by Ernest H. Shepard.
I still have copies of these books on my bookshelf!

There! I guess that could be more than one fact, but I hope it/they are random enough!

Next, I am to pass the award on to at least five illuminating, informative bloggers. 
This is difficult, because every blog I read is illuminating or informative in some way; 
there are so many wonderful, creative, intelligent, educated, caring, loving people in blogland!
But I either had to choose, or give one to everyone, and go to each of their blogs, and leave a comment.....
So, because I am not that ambitious, I choose:
Buttons at Buttons Thoughts
Hildred at daybyday
Sarah (Nikki) at Gentle Recovery
Maggie at Nuts in May
Hop on over to their blogs and say "Hi!"


8 comments:

becky said...

Congratulations on your Illumination Award and thanks so much for handing off the award to me, Louise! I am honored to be chosen :) You've always been a mentor and illuminator for me :)

I have a "Leibster" award in the wings, waiting to be posted, so, perhaps I can do both awards on the same post.
Awards mean a little homework...

Buttons said...

Congratulations on your award Dimple your blog always illuminate and informs me.
Thank you for nominating me for this award but I have decided not to accept awards on my blog it was a very hard decision but I find it to stressful to pass them on to so very few bloggers as you know.
I am so happy you liked reading my Train to Vancouver series and yes I will be writing about Vancouver and Victoria in the near future.
Congratulations again and Thank you. B

Maggie May said...

Many thanks for the award. I am highly honoured. However, I must warn you that I'm not very good at passing the awards on. Might be a good while till I do that.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Sarah (Nikki) said...

congrats Dimple on the award and thank you for choosing me to have it too. I love Pooh....there's something so simple and gentle about the pooh stories. wishing you a beautiful day out there.....

Joan said...

Congratulations to you, and for choosing me. I always love coming here to see your beautiful photos, and words.

Hildred and Charles said...

Congratulations Dimple, - you are most deserving of this lovely award, and I do thank you for nominating me to receive it as well. I feel very honoured.

stardust said...

Congratulations on the Award, Dimple. Though my blog is award-free, I like to visit the awarded blog and find something special. Keep up making us inspired with your light.

EG CameraGirl said...

Congratulations, Dimple!