Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Cool, Clear, Water

I've got water on my mind. With all that's happening these days, I guess it's no surprise. I hope the situation is resolved before it gets any worse. I have heard plans for m0ving pe0pl3 that defy the imagination. lf you are near th3r3, please have a saf3 playse nd back wys to get th3r3.

Now, I would like to show clean, peaceful water reflecting puffy white clouds. I hope blogr will let me do it!


Yay!
I wanted to upload a video that I took from the boat of these ripply reflections, but the little filmstrip icon is not on my toolbar, so here are a few more shots:


These are for:
Drop by these great blogs to see wonderful shots from all over!

19 comments:

rjerdee said...

What is happening in the Gulf is truly horrendous. It's also good to keep the eye on the brighter side to keep our balance in the face of such horror. Thanks for the reminding us.

Sylvia K said...

Absolutely gorgeous captures! I do love those watery reflections and the colors are breathtaking! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Redzlan aka Tabib said...

Another way to look at the sky, through the water.

Hildred said...

Beautiful shots, - the water in the first photo has such depth to it, and the green is so rich and satiny.

~Cheryl said...

Your sky and reflections are wonderful! Happy SkyWatch Friday!

Regina said...

Beautiful reflections.
Happy SWF Dimple and enjoy your weekend.

Regina

EG CameraGirl said...

The reflections are so pretty! I like the colours and shapes in these photos.

NitWit1 said...

Love the cloud shots. I posted a few of my own Wednesday.

Yep Blogger seems to be having a lot of problems. I switched to Blogger in Draft which is always 'in draft' so to speeak. There is a video Icon, last I looked. But it has problems too. Since it is "in draft" you can't complain much.

Carletta said...

These are beautiful! I envy you being out on a boat capturing them. :)

(Round The Bend)

Cezar and Léia said...

wow what a fabulous colours!
And so beautiful reflections!
hugs
Léia - Bonjour Luxembourg and little LUNA our kitty from WE LOVE LUNA

VioletSky said...

Lovely colours here.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

mountain lake canvas
sky painted on its surface—
Impressionism

Two Skies:
Sky Askew
Wildflower Sky

Maggie May said...

Beautiful photos and a wonderful way to capture the cloud formations.
Made me feel a little seasick.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Gemma Wiseman said...

Stunning, rippling reflections! Love how the clouds almost look like segments of snow on mountains!

Anonymous said...

That's a neat series of water abstractions dimple -- very creative. You are having fun.

Thanks for dropping by. I've been busy but am finally catching up with my photography. Now I must find some time to go visiting.

That farmhouse scene and the great reception has gotten me motivated to take more shots of the different farms in the area. I've been experimenting with different lenses and I think the 24mm (the one I used for the posted shot) will be my main lens for the project.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely photos and reflections! The scenery and sky look beautiful.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful Dimple and I appreciate the calm and serenity. We need reminders of that.

Terry said...

so nice and BLUE!! all SHADES of blue dimple and what a peacful scene!
did you say that you took a video of this?
oh you surely must of got the singing of the birds in that video.
there is no way for you to upload your video
that is way too sad!
these pictures look more like summer than spring!...really really nice...love terry

ps do you think that your doggie would like to take a dip in these still waters dimple??....haha!

NatureFootstep said...

the images looks as if they were painted. :)