Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Weedy Reflections

Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you sure that tansy is invasive? There's a kind of lookalike called tansy ragwort that looks similar and is very invasive.

Anyway, that's a beautiful photo.

Sylvia K said...

Such a beautiful, delightful capture for the day! Such a beautiful reflection! Hope you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Carletta said...

This is LOVELY Dimple!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Beautiful -- and always so hard to accept that something that pretty is invasive! It's a lovely picture.
Last winter, I was all ready to take a picture of some lovely water hyanciths in a swamp (we were in FLorida) when some stranger walked up and said "you know those are invasive species don't you?" As if it would make things worse to take a picture!

Arti said...

The flowers are amazing..
it might be invasive but it is pretty enough!!
Coming over from Sallie's blog..

A Mysterious Tree - Kabirvad

NitWit1 said...

I have photographed weeds all summer. I find them fascinating.

cieldequimper said...

Yes, very pretty!

Jan said...

I've idly wondered the name of these, but not enough to find out. Thanks for the info and fabulous photo.

Hildred said...

Lovely sunshine flowers, - they could certainly join the barn flowers down in the pasture here.

Joanne Olivieri said...

This is beautiful. It almost reminds me of a Monet. Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

It is VERY pretty!

Janneke said...

What a great capture ;o)

Jan n Jer said...

Just love the yellow flowers against that brilliant blue sky. Great shot

Lynn said...

Great angle of some lovely flowers.

Unknown said...

that's a great capture, and they look lovely even though they weeds

rjerdee said...

Is tansy really a weed? I used to grow them for dried flower bouquets. :)

PERBS said...

Definitely eye catching!

Paulie

DUTA said...

The yellow colour never fails to catch the eye. Invasive or not, the tansy is beautiful, and your capture of it - majestic.

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

I love blue and yellow. This is a beautiful photograph. Pretty enough to frame. ~~Sherry~~

eileeninmd said...

A beautiful bright yellow, I do not mind that it is a weed. Great shot!

Rebecca said...

I've got some tansy in my herb garden!

Ann said...

That is ONE gorgeous shot. All the colors are so beautiful.
Ann

Sar@h said...

When we see this picture … we are lost ! Where is the top and where is down !
Good reflection