Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

August Rose


 I took this last month. It is a bush rose which we planted some years ago.
It gets almost no care, and is still fragrant and lovely.
It is my favorite kind of rose!

Mellow Yellow Monday
Ruby Tuesday
Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

How promising a sight. Please have a good new week.

daily athens

Hildred said...

A lovely photo Dimple, - the colours and the composition are beautiful, and the rose quite stunning against the blurred background.

Rosaria Williams said...

Ohhhhhhh!

Junneth said...

Wow, some things we forgot will always remind us they still exist just like that "almost no care roses" the fragrant whistles "I still exist"

Fex said...

wow, love roses..

Joanne Olivieri said...

A beautiful flower with that subtle hint of yellow. Very nice.

Liz said...

Nice capture! It's very pretty.

Liz @ MLC

Nelj said...

Nice photo...sweet combination of colors.

Maggie May said...

It is a beautiful flower and looks fragrant too. Roses are lovely.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Robin said...

It's lovely, and even better that it's so low maintenance.

We're back in Israel now btw, but we did have a great visit in the States.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

cieldequimper said...

Very pretty and brave.

Julie said...

Ummmm ... its thorns look a bit different from its petals!!

Megan, Life Revamped said...

roses are always beautiful...

now a follower, yay!

won't you come and visit me sometime?


xoxo, fickle
Orchids and Yellow Mondays

NitWit1 said...

I love those kinds of roses. We have view. I particularly love the near back lit view. GREAT

Terra said...

Your rose has a beautiful color. My roses don't get much attention either, and they always produce blooms.

Paulie said...

Great shot! Beautiful color . . . but I thought you said ti was red. . . Ü

reg said...

I wish I lived where Roses bloomed year round !!!!

Gattina said...

Never saw a rose like this, beautiful !

Loree said...

Very beautiful rose and nice to hear that it does not need much care.

EG CameraGirl said...

Very beautiful and much appreciated this time of year!

Ralph said...

We all try to cultivate nature, sometimes forgetting that that nature in thw wild is also beautiful. Lovely capture!

Jan n Jer said...

Great shot, thats the best kind of rose, it takes care of itself.

Carletta said...

I love this shot Dimple!
Love the background, the light, the romantic feel - very nice shot!
This would make a lovely greeting card.

Auntie E said...

The end of the season.
My Ruby Link for you

Chubskulit Rose said...

Gorgeous!

Spice Up Your Life with Ruby Tuesday!

Meri said...

It should be called "Carefree."

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, just beautiful.

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

Lovely!
visit my 99th post