Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fountain



Dragonstar hosts The Weekend in Black and White
drop by to see what other bloggers have posted!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Dragonstar said...

It looks a pleasant little fountain. You've caught the water movement well.

cieldequimper said...

Now that's serene!

Paulie said...

It looked like a big fat candle to me!

Kay L. Davies said...

My first thought was "candle" too, but then I realized it said "fountain" and so it is!! A lovely one, too. I find them so soothing and restful.

Kay, Alberta

Anonymous said...

Nice... simple and calming. =)

Anyway, here's mine.. Hope you could visit back and drop a comment. Thanks a bunch!

http://neneleah30.blogspot.com/2010/10/beach-scenic-sunday.html

Rejen said...

Beatyful picture....

JustRueJ said...

I like this picture, it makes me feel calm and I would pit it on my living room wall...

Serline said...

I can feel my stress disappearing...

Shannon said...

I really like that this picture is in black and white because it made my imagination come alive coloring it in my head, which surprised me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dimple, Reminds me of a melting candle. Nice shot.

Pal said...

ahh i smell zen here