Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Cattail Sky


Absolutely clear
Sky behind autumn cattails
Photographer's bliss!

Looking at the Sky
Skywatch Friday
The Weekend in Black and White
Posted by Picasa

28 comments:

Paulie said...

Oh yes! Beautiful!!!! I shall have to get out with my new camera and try to find some to capture myself.

Kay L. Davies said...

Absolutely beautiful.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Sylvia K said...

Bliss indeed! Beautiful capture for the day! Hope you have a lovely weekend, Dimple!

Sylvia

cieldequimper said...

Hmmm I wouldn't mind having that view myself, right from the ground!

rjerdee said...

Flimsy reeds blowing in the wind...lovely picture, fun perspective!

Ralph said...

The plant life reaches to heaven for their sunlight, their food. They look wonderful in a monochrome, their shape and beauty apparent...

NitWit1 said...

Your are right. It is a wonderful feeling to an artist of photographer when everything is so perfect right before your eyes.

EG CameraGirl said...

This is very nice in black and white, Dimple. It has a rich, silvery feeling. :)

Anonymous said...

Great angle - makes a super black and white pic.

Kim, USA said...

Great lovely capture!
Looking at the sky

Gemma Wiseman said...

Gorgeous shapes reaching into the sky! The monochrome highlights the variety of tones!

DUTA said...

These cattails look so majestic! The whole composition of cattails and the sky turn the picture into something very grand.

Dragonstar said...

I do so agree! Such clear light + strong plant patterns = a fine photo!

Lui said...

The contrast is perfect!

kayerj said...

love this shot . . .

Rejen said...

Beatyful picture...Love it...

Rune Eide said...

A nice almost-abstraction :-)

Serline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Cattails. They are lovely... the picture looks great! =)

My entry is all about grass, too.. and dew. Hehe.. Hope you could drop by. =)

http://neneleah30.blogspot.com/2010/11/morning-dew.html

Calico Crazy said...

Gorgeous photo, reminds me we need to go to the nature center. ~ Calico Contemplations

Anonymous said...

Cattails are great, I love the subject. They will soon 'foof', which is my favorite.

Yoshi said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and asking question. Yes, there is a reason why daruma dolls are in the flames. I have included background information to answer your question. If you are still interested in it, please come visit my blog once again.
Again thanks for your question.

Cildemer said...

So beautiful! I love cattails.
Thanks for sharing;o)

***
Have a nice weekend****

Kelli said...

beautiful, you really picked a great angle for this

Anonymous said...

Beautiful black and white!

Serline said...

Lovely, although my baby thinks they look like her favorite hot dogs on a stick ;-P

Terry said...

hi dimple...the cattails are so nice this year.
i am so tempted to just lie on the ground and take an upward picture of them!
this picture here looks like you were stoooping down...
i like the black and white of this picture...that is really all the kinds of pictures that we had when i was a kid!
hope all is well with you dimple.
i love the new look of your blog!....love terry

Wendy said...

This makes me long for summer again--it went away too fast! Always love your photos!