Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Birches

I was at the dump when I saw this!

11 comments:

Kay L. Davies said...

How often do we forget to look up, especially when we're doing some mundane chore like going to the dump? Gorgeous snow on the trees, and a soft, soft sky behind. It's lovely, Louise.
K

Anonymous said...

What a contrast! Beautiful photo.

From The Heart said...

Beautiful shot!

Judy said...

I always love to see silver birches! Especially against such a blue sky!

Joseph Herrin said...

I have always liked birch trees. With your digital camera you have now turned their bark into bytes.

Hmmm...

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I really love this photo, birch trees are wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Nice shot Dimple. Birches are neat trees. We have a river birch in our yard.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice photo.
I like the composition.

Regards and best wishes

Vores have said...

Hello Dimple.
Incredibly beautiful tree you show.
Wishing you a good weekend.
Hugs Hanne Bente / hbt.finus.dk

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

At first I read "I was down in the dumps" yesterday ... and I thought, that doesn't sound like Dimple at all! OK so you were just dumping trash. Lovely picture -- shows you that beauty is out there everywhere if you just open your eyes!

eileeninmd said...

Lovely shots of the birch trees. I am always looking up. Great angle and skywatch shot. Have a great weekend and happy skywatching!