Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Classic

Nothing like a shiny red convertible to catch reflections!!

10 comments:

Regina said...

Very nice!

Happy weekend.

'Tsuki said...

I just love the title : claassic, you are so right, a car is a classic way of getting nice reflections, and this car is certainly a classic too... But you manage to catch a really great one, and I love the job you did on the picture to enhace it.

s.c said...

Hey that color is remarkable the same as the one I spotted on the street. Nice shot.

AmitAag said...

A classic indeed! Lovely photo!
Thank you for your nice comment on my blog:)

Red Nomad OZ said...

Oh, that's a MARVELLOUS shot!! Doesn't it make you just want to hop in and hit the road!!!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Oh I really like shiny reflective things:) B

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Oh my gosh that's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Love this shot!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

What a great effect for this car photo! Love the colors and the angle of the shot. Very nice!

Unknown said...

The colored shot doesn't look like it's moving.