Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Ruby Art


This was taken May 8th, graduation day for my son-in-law.
 I only noticed the lettering after downloading to my computer, and
thought it was perfect!
Happy Ruby Tuesday to all!
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

~Cheryl said...

This is excellent! Isn't it fun to discover something unexpected once you see it on the computer?

Kim, USA said...

This is beautiful like that kind of structure it makes you think what does it really mean. Happy Monday!


BM-Memorial day

Leora said...

I would subtitle it "O ART" - great capture and congrats on the graduate.

eden said...

Great entry and congratulations to your son in law

Anonymous said...

Very good find, even if it was accindental.

rjerdee said...

Yes, that's one happy accident!

maryt/theteach said...

Love it Dimple! Is it an "O"? or a "Q"? I just love the RED! Great shot! :)

reg said...

What a great picture and the word ART just showing is as you said is perfect

DUTA said...

I like the structure and its colour although I'm not sure which letter or number it represents.
As the previous commenter has mentioned, the word art is showing up in the right place.

Paulie said...

A perfect catch!

Terry said...

dear dimple..this IS perfect!
a photo like this could win a prize!.
i hope that the graduation was nice.
i can never go to a graduation without that i turn on the tears. they are so moving..watching these young ones obtaining their goals and just starting out a fresh beginning in their lives.
unfortunately in canada and i guess the states too, there are so very few jobs for them!
happy ruby tuesday dimple and thanks for your visit...bernie says thank you too because he wants to keep his hand dry..anything at all to escape washing dishes!!..haha...love terry