Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Antler Abstract

Antler not needed
Brought home from the forest floor
Light reflected, shadow cast

19 comments:

Carletta said...

This looks very otherworldly and science fiction like - I love it!

Sylvia K said...

What an interesting reflection!! Love the colors! Hope you have a lovely weekend, Dimple! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Very interesting reflection! I love the warm colors.
~Rainey~
http://theprojecttable.blogspot.com

Kay L. Davies said...

Fascinating, Dimple.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

'Tsuki said...

Brrrrr... It look like a snake eye, in fact... Nice work, Dimple !

robin. said...

the not needed casted a shadow non the less.

Pat Tillett said...

If you say so! I have no idea what it is, but I like it!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

The antler's blue hue adds a note of mystery to the photo.


SILLY SHADOW DITTY

Shadows may or may not be
Patterns of urbanity.
If a shadow threatens you,
Here, my dear, is what to do:
Grab the shadow by the throat,
Toss it to a billy goat,
So the goat can chomp and chew,
Keeping it away from you!


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Chiseled Shadows

sunnymama said...

Lovely composition, colours and shadows. A very interesting and intriguing shot. :)

Gemma Wiseman said...

A fascinating perspective! Love the blueish hue and the pool of light highlighting the shadow!

Also, thank you so much for getting back to me about the lichen on the post!

Cassie said...

Cool antler ShadowShot Dimple. One of my favorite things was when walking in our woods and coming across a deer shed! I still hope to one day find a moose shed, though I've only seen cows at our place. Happy SSS!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shadow shot!

My shadow shots

indicaspecies said...

Superb shadow shot.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow....love the colors in this photo...excellent capture Dimple!!


A Seagull Shadow

Dianne said...

the earthy colors in this shot are so wonderful

Serendipity said...

Feels a bit spooky somehow! Great shadow shot :-)

Anonymous said...

Great find. :)

Kelly said...

I think this is really interesting! I love how the antler took on a bluish hue in the photo.

James said...

Very cool! I may be crazy but it reminds me of a large dragon eye. :)