Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Leaf


19 comments:

James said...

Great black and white shot and it's even nicer because of the reflection. Very nicely done.

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful leaf and nice sharp-edged reflection!
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Regina said...

Beautiful one!

Happy weekend.

cieldequimper said...

Natural and chrome. Marvellous.

Rune said...

Fascinating. Quite different texturees, and yet in a kind of harmony here.

LauraX said...

This is lovely composition!

Lucy Corrander said...

How interesting that you have spots on the leaf and rust in the chrome.

Lucy

Paulie said...

Well, I was going to say "√Źnteresting composition"but I see others have already said that. I guess I will just say I like it!

Dragonstar said...

Spots everywhere. Those components belong together.

Hooked on Memes said...

Excellent shot! The juxtaposition of a leaf and chrome is so interesting.

msdewberry said...

Nice! Great capture!

Boonie S said...

This is such a cool photo. Thanks for sharing.

All the best, Boonie

Boonie S said...

This is such a cool photo. Thanks for sharing.

All the best, Boonie

Pat Tillett said...

Really a nice photo! I'm trying to figure out what the leaf is sitting on. A truck bumper maybe?
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

NitWit1 said...

Interesting leaf and composition. Looks like leaf is a tad old with mold spots.

forgetmenot said...

Very nice--black and white just makes everything more dramatic. Mickie

Walk in New York said...

sympa cette photo de cette fleur, bonne idee de presentation


Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

DUTA said...

I think the most prominent feature in this picture are..the spots on the leaf and under it.
You sure know, Dimple, how to find objects worth of taking a good, interesting shot.

EG Wow said...

You've made the mundane look interesting!