Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Snake River Reflection


16 comments:

Hildred said...

Such drama and beauty in this photo, Dimple.

Lucy Corrander : Photos said...

What a beautifully bleak place!

Lucy

cieldequimper said...

Superbe (yes, in French we add an e!) I'm trying not to get all excited about the possibility of at long last going to Hell's Canyon later this year!

Karen said...

Bleak but peaceful. It's a thought provoking shot. I could sit there for hours and contemplate.

Sylvia K said...

I agree, Dimple, there is indeed a lot of drama in your photo and it's stunning! Great one for the day! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Sylvia

Fabien said...

Superbe, joli cadrage

Dianne said...

blues and grays and texture
all my favorites!

Simon said...

A fun hobbit name indeed. Beautiful take-looks amazingly peaceful.

Pat Tillett said...

Stark and lonely looking, but beautiful!
Patrick Tillett, Extremely Overdue

'Tsuki said...

Stunning place... Perfect to sit and think... Thanks for sharing this peaceful landscape !

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Simple and effective shot!


FOND OF THE SKY

To those who are fond of the sky,
The best things in life are on high,
Where sun, moon and stars
And Venus and Mars
Provide a great feast to the eye.


© 2011 by Magical Mystical Teacher

Sky and Jacaranda

forgetmenot said...

So simple and soooooo awesome. Great photo. Mickie

pamq said...

So stark it doesn't even look real!

But it also looks like it would have endless peace and quiet..........

Which would be very nice.

Genie -- Paris and Beyond said...

Such a dramatic scene and perfect reflection... It almost looks like the paw of a giant creature on the left... chilling

Genie

Anvilcloud said...

I like this. It's a minimal but very effective image. It's very Canadian, even if it isn't. :)

Lew said...

Stark beauty in this reflection. I also like your b&w shots.