Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

E is for Entrance

To a business in town


In the French Quarter, New Orleans, Louisiana



To my brother's house in northern California
Posted by Picasa
Check out more ABC Wednesday.

12 comments:

DUTA said...

I like the second picture - that with the lady in the opening of the door.

J.C. said...

Ha ha ha...great minds think alike! I have also posted 'Entrance' for today's 'E' theme!!!

Dragonstar said...

I love reflections, so your first photo really appeals.
I like the way you've caught the position of the woman in the second photo.
The entrance to your brother's house is fascinating - I've never seen one like that.
Altogether a fine selection!

Thank you, on behalf of the Team.

Hildred said...

AS good choice for E - one never knows what good things might be on the other side of an entrance!

Jay said...

The arch on your brother's house is intriguing! What is it for? Does he sit under it for shade?

Love the doors!

photowannabe said...

Perfect word for the E theme. I too like the lady peeking in the doorway.
To answer your question, we were in Kenya 18 days. Just got home 3 weeks ago.
A fascinating place with wonderful people.

Q said...

Very creative e!
Sherry

kayerj said...

each entrance so unique

EG CameraGirl said...

Entrance is a great E word!

Roger Owen Green said...

Yes, i'm curious about the A-frame entrance too.

Dimple said...

Jay & Roger-
My brother lives in snow country, but he is only at this house about half the week. The A-frame allows him to get to his front door even if a heavy snow load has shed from the roof.

Beverley Baird said...

Great E photos - of entrances.