Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mt Shasta Sky


Mt. Shasta, California, USA
Posted by Picasa
I took this last November while we were driving to visit family in California. The view is from the north.
According to the informational sign, the peak of Mt. Shasta is 14,162 feet above sea level. If I did the math correctly, that's 4,357 meters. The mountain is one of the southernmost volcanoes in the Cascade Range. The last eruption was in 1786 and was witnessed from sea by explorer La Perouse.

To see more Skywatch Friday pictures, go here.

15 comments:

DUTA said...

What a sky! It's what the French would call Ton sur Ton, that is different shades of one color, the color here being blue.

Barb said...

Mt Shasta is beautiful. It looks like a cloud "path" is taking you right to the blue sky. Great capture for SWF!

Tammie Lee said...

Oh how I love Mt. Shasta and have some lovely memories from there. Thank you for sharing this beautiful photo.
spirithelpers

Louise said...

What a spectacular capture.The sky was begging to be remembered.

Elisabeth's bright side said...

Beautiful photo. I love this sky.

LV said...

This is an incredible view of this mountain. You did a super job capturing all the different beauties of this place.

Regina said...

Wow. Awesome and beautiful!

Hildred said...

Beautiful photo, - thanks for sharing.

kayerj said...

perfectly framed

Eric SomeSkyMoments said...

WOW, what an great area to take pictures, well composed and nice sphere!! Well done!

Have a nice SWF.

Pollyanna said...

Looks magical and mysterious. This pic makes you really want to know what it at the top and makes you wonder if there is something special going on up there. Love it!

Please visit me: Picture This . . .

storyteller said...

What a MARVELOUS view of Mt. Shasta! I've been there many times when the mountain was barely discernible for brief periods of time so I appreciate this photo all the more! Thanks for visiting my sunset mosaics at Sacred Ruminations.
Hugs and blessings,

Bim said...

Wow!Spectacular!

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

Beautiful cloud formations. What a beautiful world we live in!

I notice that we share an interest in C.S. Lewis's Narnia books. and loving Jesus!

Blessings!

Dewdrop said...

Splendid. Love the cirrus shooting out above the mountain. Stunning.