Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Mirrored Sky

Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

This is a great reflection, very clear.

Ralph said...

The crystal clear lake is a wonderful mirrored canvas for this beauty. The Gem State is stunning, the trees and hills best viewed by looking up...or down, too!

Barb said...

The framing of your photo is awesome - it's like an optical illusion. Happy weekend to you, too.

Sylvia K said...

Fabulous composition! Love the way you've framed it! Incredible reflection! What can I say? It's gorgeous! Thank you for participating in Sky Watch! Have a wonderful weekend, Dimple!

Sylvia

Wanda said...

What a marvelous shot. Just love that reflection. Like your name. My husband has a cousin named Dimple!

NitWit1 said...

Absolutely perfect reflection--love it.

Rosaria Williams said...

Stunning! Great shot.

☺lani☺ said...

What can I say....PERFECT!

Carolyn Ford said...

oh, this is pretty!

Regina said...

Wow such a gorgeous reflections!
Have a great weekend Dimple.
" Happy SkyWatch Friday "

Julie said...

Wow! That is a knockout. Easier to work out when looking at the enlarged version. Great stuff, Dimple. Nature at its most engrossing.

Anonymous said...

Cracking composition!... It takes a special eye to see such scenes!....:)

Thanks for sharing and your visit...:)

rjerdee said...

Whoa! Pull up the horses! THAT is one stunning photograph! I'm looking at clouds in an absolutely still stretch of water--a brand new view of the world! and so crystal clear!
Every morning, before the fountain goes on, I can look down from my balcony onto the still pond below. It always reflects a perfect picture of our condominium neighborhood. I always say I should take a picture but I don't find the buildings all that awesome...

mactheweb said...

Lovely composition and well captured.

Gemma Wiseman said...

The clouds almost look like the snowy peaks of mountains in the water! Beautiful!

dot said...

Really nice shot. Perfect for Sky Watch!

Hilda said...

Wonderful! The reflection is so clear!

VioletSky said...

Simply beautiful!

Beth Niquette said...

This photo fills my eyes. This is the greatest compliment I can give. I am in awe.

Jeannette StG said...

I love mirrored skies, even though I have the tendency to turn my head very much sidewards (giggle) - this one is very beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This one is way cool Dimple. I like it a lot.

Anonymous said...

Very bright and beautiful reflections!