Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Summer Scene with Geese


Here is a peaceful scene, full of summer in northern Idaho.
I am thankful God enabled me to live in such a place.

Shadow Shot Sunday
Summer Stock Sunday
Scenic Sunday
Blue Monday
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely shot for the day! Delightful shadows! Hope you're enjoying a beautiful weekend, Dimple!

Sylvia

Robin said...

What a beautiful and serene spot. I can see why you love it so.

Glad to have you on board for Summer Stock Dimple.

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

Hey Harriet said...

That sure is peaceful. I feel calmer just looking at it! Lovely! Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :)

Vicki said...

Lovely shot of summer.

cieldequimper said...

Ah, perfect lazy Sunday...

Gemma Wiseman said...

Gorgeous, serene setting! A wonderful place to dream awhiles!

Leora said...

What a sweet, lovely scene. Idyllic.

DUTA said...

It looks even better than a painting!
Indeed, a peaceful, serene spot. You're lucky to live there. God sure loves you.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

summer’s day—
on sinuous streams
geese swimming

Shadowy Grapevine

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Gorgeous and calming.

Anonymous said...

Verey serene looking place!

wildcatwoods said...

Lovely scene for a quiet moment.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Happy summmer Dimple -- that's a peaceful pictue.

Carletta said...

Hey, you haven't posted in awhile - welcome back!
This is a lovely calm landscape. Reminds me of a nice day for a picnic.

chasity said...

what a sweet little family.
a very beautiful moment captured in time.

Cindy said...

How lovely! Such a peaceful place.
cindy

SmilingSally said...

Happy Blue Monday on a summer day!

Kim, USA said...

A very simple and easy life. No stress no worries. Peaceful place. Happy Monday!

Blue snake

LV said...

You are truly blessed to be living in an area that you shared today. A lovely scene.

eileeninmd said...

Looks like a lovely scene and a pretty day! happy Blue Monday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is beautiful! I'm thankful, too, that God allows me to live in Florida with its beautiful water and shorebirds. I know how you feel!

Happy Blue Monday!

XO,

Sheila :-)