Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Watery Bokeh


I recently learned what "bokeh" means. For those who haven't learned this word yet, here is a definition from Wikipedia:
"In photography, bokeh is the blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur, in
out-of-focus areas of an image, or "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points
of light." ...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

I don't claim to have done this on purpose. I didn't.
But I like the shot very much.
The bokeh gives it a dreamy, not quite real quality that appeals to me.

ABC Wednesday
Watery Wednesday
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

It seems you have created a dreamscape with the fall of leaves framing the dream! Lovely photo!

photowannabe said...

Thanks for teaching me a new word.
Your use of it turned out really well. I will have to remember it.

Sylvia K said...

It is indeed a lovely photo! Love the way it's framed and what a great shot for the B day! Wonderful! Hope your week is going well, Dimple!

Sylvia

stan said...

The animal kingdom of ducks and dogs appear idyllic indeed.

Anonymous said...

Surely a picture close to be poetry. Please have a great Wednesday.

daily athens

Roger Owen Green said...

the accidental art!


ROG, ABC WEDNESDAY team

Tumblewords: said...

I've read about bokeh but haven't tried to do it either - :) I like the style of this picture!

Hilda said...

This is the first time I've heard of the word. Thanks for the vocabulary lesson, Dimple. And I like the bokeh here too. :)

Tes said...

beautiful foreground, it framed the blurry bird :)

Gattina said...

True, the shot is nice, the word complicated, I prefer blur, lol
Gattina from the ABC team

~Cheryl said...

Neat photo! I can never remember that word and am startled to see "bokah" once in a great while in my photos. I have yet to figure out how to accomplish it on purpose!

Hootin Anni said...

This photo is purely perfection!!

My Wednesday Post

Jan n Jer said...

thanks for the info...I see that word used alot. You did achieve bokeh in your photo.

NitWit1 said...

I have a photo if a rose which is entirely soft focus but its mood I love for its boken to me. I have a lot of photos with intentional bokeh, but this was a simple focusing error!!!

Kim, USA said...

I love bokeh too!

Watery Wednesday

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful photo, Dimple!

rjerdee said...

bokeh...hmmmm. Fun to learn something new today! Thanks!

DUTA said...

I wouldn't call it blurry. I like the picture for its softness: the light, the bird , the tree branches are all wrapped up in softness.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I like that dreamy magical quality very much; if I were you I'd take credit for doing it on purpose ;>)
Thanks for the lovely picture and for the lesson on technique.

Cassie said...

Hello Dimples dear. Did you make it to Crazy Daze at Sandpnt today?? I did and it was fab!! So many great bargins.

Oh, btw, terrific shot...dream like.

Pamela Fillhouer said...

beautiful shot!