Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Idaho Evening Sky


  
From my archive, taken early last September. Those of you who have been visiting for a while may recognize the location, as it is a favorite place of mine for capturing beautiful scenes.

For more skies, visit Skywatch Friday and Looking at the Sky on Friday. To see other reflections, try Weekend Reflections, and for scenics you will like Scenic Sunday.


Posted by Picasa

25 comments:

LV said...

That is truly a beautiful sky photo. It reflects so many changing colors all at the same time. Very nice.

rjerdee said...

What a gorgeous sky!!! The clouds are so varied and so well defined. Nice job!

The Write Girl said...

What a beautiful sky and quite riveting. Thanks for sharing.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

This is a very colorful and dramatic photograph. I love all the different things happening. So Idaho!

~Cheryl said...

Beautiful sky -- neat reflection, too! I hope you enjoy this last weekend of March.

Rosaria Williams said...

No sky is ever like any other. Stunning.

Covnitkepr1 said...

I was on your other blog, "My Bible blog" and wanted to comment on your Easter posting, but didn't see a comment section at the bottom. I felt so strongly in agreement with you that I came to this blog to let you know. You did an excelent job of presenting the subject of Easter and did it in such a loving way. I celebrate Jesus as a risen Savior everyday.
I'm going to support that blog by becoming a "follower". Thank you.

My name is Riet said...

That id a beautiful reflection photo and that sky is awesome.

cieldequimper said...

Ah! Lovely! Makes me miss the PNW. Only just got back this week, didn't make it as far East as Idaho though.

Rune Eide said...

I much preferred the reflected sky in the water :-)

Carletta said...

Awesome sky and reflection!
It's easy to see why this is a favorite spot!

Mine’s here: Round The Bend.

Gemma Wiseman said...

The reflection heightens the detail of the silhouettes in the landscape! Very beautiful!

clairz said...

Lovely shot, Dimple. I like all the cloud variations.

Clytie said...

Lovely clouds, and I love how the reflection just barely peeks through the gathering darkness. Beautiful.

Patti said...

Nice silhouetted trees against the sky.
I love the reflection here. What a lovely spot to photograph.

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Thank you for your comments on my website www.wix.com/lindatherese/Linda-Holaas-Smits-art
Nice photograhy:o)

Ralph said...

The Gem State is wonderful, the clear mirror-like water takes on the blue of the heavens and the reflections of the tall pines. Stunning in the natural beauty, a great place of contemplation...

Kcalpesh said...

The sky and the trees are beautifully reflecting in the water! Amazing Capture!


Pixellicious Photos

Regina said...

Beautiful! Great sky watch!
Happy weekend Dimple.

Julie said...

Some inky blacknes in that water. I love images where I really have to work hard to determine where the line is between reality and reflection.

Carver said...

That's a gorgeous sky and reflection.

Malyss said...

What a wonderful sky!

Matty said...

The entire scene is beautiful. A wonderful combination of water, treeline, blue sky, clouds.

happily retired gal said...

What a magnificent view with lovely reflections and a beautiful sky too!
Hugs and blessings,

Debra said...

This is a magnificent scene! The clouds are so pretty and the reflection of the trees in the water....just beautiful!