Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Spring Sometimes Looks Like This

I like this shot in color, the only edit was compressing the file:
Skywatch Friday
Looking at the Sky

I also like this shot in Black & White with a red filter:
Which do you prefer?
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Gorgeous captures -- both of them. I tend to lean towards the color shot, just because there are such varying shades of color that I love. Hope you have a terrific weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Hildred said...

Beautiful shots, - the b and w is interesting and classical, but I too prefer the colour - very partial to the lovely blue sky.

Anonymous said...

so pretty, i kinda lean towards the b/w more.

EG CameraGirl said...

I prefer the coloured version because I like the layers of blue, white, brown and black. BUT the B&W is really very, very nice, which surprises me that I would think that.

rjerdee said...

Hmmm...hard to choose but I think I prefer the color version with the soft sky and clouds framed by dark trees...sort of a sky cameo.

Kim, USA said...

I don't know they are both very pretty! Happy weekend!


SWF~Dark clouds

Sistertex said...

Each photo, though of the same thing, has a different feel. I agree hard to choose, I love the colorations of the sky and clouds in the first one though, normally I think I would choose black and white...but those colors are great.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I prefer the monochrome. Somehow the distant trees seem to come forward and look even more attractive than in colour.

chasity said...

the first one is my favorite....
very nice framing with the branches.

Anonymous said...

Oh I like both! The hazy blue and yellow, and the spikey monochrome outline of the trees.

Carolyn Ford said...

This is a difficult question...wow, I really like them both. But, I will say that it is the perfect black and white. You can't say that about just any color version. It really is a beautiful photo both ways.

Maggie May said...

Both of them are lovely but if I had to choose then the coloured one.
Maggie X

Nuts in May

Patti said...

I think I prefer the color photo, with the blue sky and the silhouetted trees. Very pretty.

Happy sky looking this week!

Regina said...

Great skies Dimple.
Happy SWF.

Barbara said...

Great view, I prefer the black and white version.

betty-NZ said...

They both have their great merits. I guess it would depend on my mood!

NitWit1 said...

I agree with the majority (so far) go for the COLOR!

However, I am studying some books on PHOTOSHOP ELEMENTS 8 and I bet I will soon at least tokenly appreciate B&W!

My entire life I've leaned toward color, perhaps because I was born and lived in an era was color was only available to artists/painters. All print and reading materials were generally B&W

Anonymous said...

Beautifully framed images!

Anonymous said...

I like them both but the B&W version is singing my song. LOL.

Dragonstar said...

Hmm. I think I prefer the colour shot, because it looks so gentle.

DUTA said...

I'm definitely for the colored one, for all the good reasons enumerated by previous commenters.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

oh gosh I'm afraid to read the other comments. I've got to go with the color one though. Maybe not as artistic, but I just love the feel of it. You live in such a lovely spot!

Terry said...

dear dimple..i like them BOTH!...love terry

Viola said...

Gorgeous photo and nature! Yes, I agree.. the one in color is the best! :) Have nice days!