Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Summer Sky


Summer is almost over, but the trees are still in their summer clothes.
I love fall, but I am willing to wait!
Find many more pictures from around the world at these fun memes:

Skywatch Friday
Looking at the Sky
The Weekend in Black and White
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Hildred said...

Nice B&W and a lovely capture of the trees silhouetted against the summery clouds.

Wanda said...

Sometimes black and white can say it better than a rainbow of colors. You've done just that!

Jim said...

Great shot.

Anonymous said...

Nicely done in monochrome. And yes, the trees are still wearing their summer wardrobe!

lotusleaf said...

The black and white picture looks dramatic.

eileeninmd said...

Lovely sky and composition. I am sad to see summer almost over. Happy skywatching.

Viola said...

Hi! :) I like the contrast! Me also.. I like the Autumn.... (as well as the Spring, Summer and Winter..) Have good days! :)

Crazy Working Mom said...

I'm am anxiously awaiting the arrival of fall! The cooler temperatures are giving us a sneak peek today! What a beautiful day outside.

Thanks so much for playing along. Happy Friday!

-Tisha
Looking @ The Sky on Friday

Regina said...

Great B/W!
Happy SWF Dimple.
Enjoy your weekend.

Paulie said...

I don't want summer to be over yet . . . BUT am looking forward to winter. . . I know, I have to wait for autumn to get past too. sigh

Rune Eide said...

I would absolutely agree - only autumn has already started here.

Unknown said...

Nice shot, love it in B&W, autumn at your house, spring is here at mine.

Enjoy your weekend

Carver said...

Lovely shot. I am ready for fall.

Kim, USA said...

Same here I love Fall but i also like to hang on a little bit of Summer. Happy weekend!
Blue sky

Anonymous said...

Lovely sky capture, Dimple! So nice to have a fix of black and white...:)

Dragonstar said...

Leaves silhouetted against a gentle sky - lovely.

Brenda @ Its A Beautiful Life said...

How wonderful to hear from you.... to get your comment on my recent 'tire' posting.

There are so many bloggers from past travels that I've lost touch with over the years, so I was glad to see you.... think it's been a little while, hasn't it?

BTW, enjoyed your B&W photo... a lovely shot.

cieldequimper said...

Surprising in black and white and surprisingly good! Some trees are already dark brown here, the horse chestnuts mostly.

EG CameraGirl said...

The silhouette of the leaves is lovely! Very graceful.