Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Autumn Bench and Sky

                            

There are several benches like this in my town. This one was abandoned to the wind, rain, and gray skies last Wednesday.

It is one of four placed around this fountain which was also abandoned, though on a hot summer day it is a popular place for children to cool off.
Autumn is here, can winter be far behind?
For more skies, click the Skywatch Friday link on the sidebar, and for more benches visit Visual Norway and For the Love of Benches.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Rosaria Williams said...

Benches and fountain. Life is good there.

~Cheryl said...

Beautiful spot and very inviting bench....but I'll wait for a more summery day to try it out!

Hildred said...

I can just imagine sitting quietly on that bench, enjoying the lovely surroundings, - but would I need an umbrella soon?

PERBS said...

Oh that is a fine bench! The wood is so nice but those sides are what grabbed my attention because I have never seen any like it before now.

Drop by and see my bench for this meme.

Love the fountain too. . .

magiceye said...

love the picture of the bench, very tastefully done composition

Rune Eide said...

One must admit - benches and autumns do not always go together :-) , but when they do, this would be a nice place to enjoy it!

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

Surely summer is not over yet.. I think we all need a change in season and in other ways. Do you sometimes get a little hum drum with the same old thing? I do. Time for some fall festivals and caramel apples, yum. Have a great weekend.
DF

Dewdrop said...

Oh how I love a bench, for just enjoying life around it. I love to people watch, almost as much as I like sky watching...