Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Yellow Blossom


 I didn't look it up,
But I think it is a buttercup!

For more Mellow Yellow entries, click here.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Megan, Life Revamped said...

captivating! such tenacity...

come and visit my place if you have the time!

XOXO

PERBS said...

And it is very pretty also.

Tom said...

A simple picture showing the beauty of nature that can be found all around. I think it looks like a Buttercup as well...
I missed blogging this weekend as the grandchildren came to stop... I did nip over to see you bench shots but never left a comment... I would really like you bench shots... I have not joined in this last few time but will try to make time this week.
Have a great week..
Tom

Jientje said...

Ooooh yes, you are so right on this one! It is a buttercup. They're the sweetest flowers with the sweetest name I think! Have a great week!

DUTA said...

How sweet! Yellow is one of my favorite colors in nature, in clothes, in house decorations.

Ms. Journ said...

what a yellow entry. Seems yes simple yet very cute and nature lovers this is the simplicity of nature that we must take good care of. My MYM Entry

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Do you bloom for me
or for all who see your face
of golden yellow?

My Mellow Yellow

Viola said...

Sweet flower! I love the butter cups. In Norwegian we say "smørblomst" (meaning "butter flower"). I say hello to you and the sweet Molly! Have to play with Molly again, fun to se my cat's reactions.. ;) Maybe I should get me a Molly myself,hihi.. Have a nice day! :)

Stephanie V said...

Definitely a buttercup. They are truly tenacious plants and, clearly, will grow anywhere.

Unknown said...

Sweet blossom. As a child we used to place them under our friends' chins to see the reflections, then declare that they liked butter.

storyteller said...

Lovely yellow blossom ;--)
I enjoyed your previous post with benches and reflections too. Thanks for dropping by Small Reflections.
Hugs and blessings,

Anonymous said...

Dear Dimple, I did not mean to diminish the Autism issue. My 7 years old - Alex went through all kind of tests, evaluations, psychologists, electroencephalograms, neurologists, special ed - since age of 3 - no diagnosis. The kid is functional and smarter then average. Little weird - it is getting better with age. May be he has Asperger - I don't know - he hasn't been diagnosed. My point is - the system pushes such kids so hard - worrying all the time - that there is something wrong with my kid - at some time I realized - the system is just running tests and cashing insurance - I got stuck with the worrying. The kid is functional and smart. At some point I realized I am not able to enjoy the motherhood, the happiness of the childhood - pushing the kid all the time - instead of enjoying our relationship. They stick a label to many of those kids with the mild autism and then make the label happen. They put them in special ed - where they learn more weird behavior. It is overdone in many cases.

Anonymous said...

PS - lovely wild flower!