Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Little Forlorn


This bench could use some TLC, but I think it and its shadow are very pretty anyway.

To see more benches visit RuneE at Visual Norway  and PERBS at For the Love of Benches.
To see more shadows, visit Hey Harriet.
Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Phoenix C. said...

I love the way the cushions are on it to add comfort!

PERBS said...

That ironwork is to die for and the shadow gives it a wonderful view. I might change the color or pattern of the pillows but I would enjoy owning that bench very much!

Thanks for dropping by.

Terry said...

hi dimple...i think it is just as nice as it is.
looks really comfy to sit on.
only trouble is though if you sit there, the nice shadow of it will disappear, unless only one person sits on the right hand side of it!
ha!...........love terry

ps blue is my favourite colour and so i would like those far cushions!

Carletta said...

I would take that little forlorn bench in a heartbeat! :)
What lovely shadows you captured as well.
Do you do Shadow Shot Sunday? :)

Jen said...

Happy SSS.
The shadow detail is great!

Sylvia K said...

Oh, I agree with Carletta! I would take it in a second! Marvelous shadow shot!! Hope to see you back again next week!

Enjoy!

Sylvia

Ralph said...

A lovely shadow! The wrought iron furniture offers a shadow rich in arcs and angles. It may need work, teue, but it offers a style that is exquisite!

Sarah said...

Really pretty bench. I hope someone will give it the care it deserves!

Hey Harriet said...

That bench is very charming. As is the shadow! I'd happily sit on it. The bench I mean. Attempting to sit on the shadow would just be a little weird ;)

Thanks so much for joining in Shadow Shot Sunday!

Marie said...

Lovely!

Crafty Green Poet said...

lovely shadows, it looks a comfy seat, if somewhat abandoned...

EJ said...

Old seat but pretty!

I am a little bit late for my post but I am catching up. Hope you can still see My Shadow Shot Entry.

Chubby Chieque said...

Am a wrought lover, so for me... am drooling to have this couch. Ahh... lovely!