Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

October Sky


This looks a lot like a barn to me, but it is actually the end of a strip mall! Snapped a day or two ago while I was waiting for a light to change.
For more skies, visit Skywatch Friday and Looking at the Sky on Friday.
Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

storyteller said...

Looks like a barn to me as well. Love the textures and the blue sky above ;--)
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

It DOES look like a barn. Is this a clever disguise or a barn made over into a strip mall? Nice sky and clouds above the mall.

Ralph said...

The weathered look upon the planks is classic, even if it might not be true antique wood that is actually 'weathered'. The blue sky gives a wonderful air in the Northwest, the blue natural and never antique!

Louise said...

Love this! Awesome sky, but the perspective is perfect. Couldn't have picked a better or more perfectly-sized section of the weathered building.

Dimple said...

Stine-I'm trying to remember what it was before... there used to be railroad tracks in front of what is now the mall, and this building had something to do with that, I think. The front has maybe six or seven store fronts, and is very rustic looking.

Hildred said...

Beautiful blue sky, strip mall or not....nice contrasts

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Dimple: Very neat sky over an unusual mall. I'm sure I would of thought barn if you had not explained.

DrillerAA09 said...

Very nice contrast between the weathered wood and the clear blue sky. Have a great week-end.

Anonymous said...

I never would have guess strip mall! Love the blue sky.

RW said...

I love that old paneling look. The end of a strip mall? I would in a hundred years never had guess it. Cool shot!

Carletta said...

Is there a country restaurant at that end of the mall? Intriguing architecture when it comes to strip malls. :)
It is lovely against that gorgeous sky!
Round The Bend.

NitWit1 said...

I've admired building designs which dare to be differente but with a clear purpose

Tom said...

I like the texture of the wood with the blueness of the sky... My Sky Watch Friday post shows a view I regular see when out on a mornings walk.
Tom
Wiggers World

DoanLegacy said...

I like the angle in this photo, and the sky is so blue against the brownish "barn"..

Dimple said...

Hi Carletta,
Not a country restaurant, no. But there is an internet cafe!

EJ said...

Oh if you didn't say what it was, I would have guessed it to be a barn!

Come and take a look some gorgeous parts of Mt. Seorak in Korea.

maryt/theteach said...

Gorgeous sky, Dimple! Wonderful shot for LATSOF! :)

Dianne said...

I love your composition
the blue against the weathered wood is lovely

James said...

The sky is beautiful and I thought it was a barn. :)

Terry said...

good early morning dimple from canada.
it sure does look like the broad side of a barn door to me!!
i love the angle of the picture!...love terry

eileeninmd said...

I love the barn look, nicely composed. And your skies are beautiful.