Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Bench & Reflections

I was driving to work recently with benches on my mind. I needed a bench for RuneE's meme! Then- Hooray!-I saw this one in front of a business that has yoga classes.



It's a pretty bench in a nice setting, even if it is on one of the busiest streets in my little town. I pulled over quickly and made these snaps. The last one is right out of the camera, but I edited the other two a little.


As I was preparing to post them , I noticed the reflection - Sweet! Palm trees and bamboo on the bench, and trees reflected in the window! So this is my post for Visual Norway's Bench of the week and James's Weekend Reflections.



Visit their blogs to see more benches and reflections, just click the links above. Hope everyone has a great day!
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

PERBS said...

The palm trees in the ironwork back are lovely! I have benches of many versions of ironwork but never a palm tree YET!

Drop by and see my featured one this week. . .

DUTA said...

The ornamental back of the bench with its palm trees is very beautiful when viewed in the enlarged photo.
And you're right about the reflection in the window- sweet indeed.

Rune Eide said...

I think you have found a very nice combination - I liked both the bench and the reflection of the tree with the hills in the background.

PS Thank you for the comment! I haven't decided yet quite what I'm going to do about benches and Fridays and so forth, but we'll see... :-)

James said...

Excellent bench and reflections. I like the bench it's like iron palm trees and bamboo and the reflection is fun to try and see all that there is to be seen.
Nice post!

Have a great weekend!

Carletta said...

Love that bench!
The second one with the tree reflected is my favorite - great clarity.

Woody said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Cool photo by the way.

Hope you keep coming back!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my playground. Much appreciated. Wonderful reflection photos. I love them. The second one is just fantastic. Excellent my friend :)

Regina said...

Nice bench and reflection!

Thérèse said...

I like very much the last one of the serie!
Thks for visiting Chandler Addendum.

tapirgal said...

What a pretty location and nice bench. The reflections are the icing on the cake. Isn't it funny how we don't see them sometimes? I look now mainly because someone told me she's always looking for them!

~Cheryl said...

I enjoy photos with reflections so much! I didn't know there was a meme of them! Wow. Thanks!

Emily said...

I especially like the middle shot, the one with the fence, and the yoga class sounds nice too!

Lew said...

That's a great bench and a nice spot toset awhile! Although I expectyou will need a warm coat soon. Thanks for visiting my red shed.

VP said...

Nice place and lovely bench, the reflection is a plus here. Very good images.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

wonderful post for both benches and reflections.

Reader Wil said...

The bench is very pretty! And it was a good idea to combine reflections and benches! Thanks for your visit.

maryt/theteach said...

Dimple I have a post for Weekend Reflections on my other blog: Mary Tomaselli's Photos

Thanks for commenting at my Work of the Poet blog. :)

Unknown said...

The reflection in the wondow is stunning!

Viola said...

A pretty bench indeed! Always when I see the type of these benches you've got here, I feel so much for a glass of caffelatte!! ;) In the sun..

You have got some lovely photos and I love the reflections! :)