Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Autumn Reflection


I stop here often to find photos. Some of my other reflections were captured just the other side of the road, looking south. You will find them here. This view is looking north.
To see more reflections, visit James at Newtown Area Photo.
For more scenic shots visit Scenic Sunday,
Posted by Picasa

32 comments:

Bim said...

:) You just beat me to it, adding your link on James' blog.
This is a very autumnal view - and lots of people seem to have their own private pier here!

cieldequimper said...

Just what I needed after the hustle and bustle of a city Saturday afternoon. Great shot.

DUTA said...

Just as we human beings have glass mirrors at home, nature has its own natural mirrors - waters. And reflection of Nature's assets (tree, bushes, animals etc..) in water are always a magnificient view. Kudos to you for capturing all this beauty!

VioletSky said...

What a beautiful spot for a cottage.

Crafty Green Poet said...

beautifully composed photo, i love the curves in the waters edge,

James said...

This is an excellent mirror image. The reflected sky is amazing.
A really nice picture.

Regina said...

Gorgeous reflections!

Charlene Amsden said...

Nice. I was born and raised in this land you photograph, and your pictures make my heart yearn for home.

quilldancer.com

Kat said...

Very nice! The reflections are wonderful. What a beautiful spot. Kathy

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful reflection and a beautiful photo. thanks for sharing your scenic Sunday.

http://graceolsson.com/blog said...

I love it the scene..your shot...shows me...simply ONE thing:U need to preserve the nature...
great shot

have a nice weekend

graceolsson.se/mittliv

XoXo said...

Beautiful autumn scene...so peaceful looking place.

Unknown said...

This spot looks like the kind where you could find tons of great photos. Very nice reflections!

Michael said...

Perfect natural mirror. Lovely shot.

Melli said...

Isn't that just beautiful! If I had that spot nearby, I would suuurely visit it often! One of these days I'm going to get into this reflection thing... but all my water has WAVES... not really good for great reflections! :)

Madeleine said...

WoW. That is beeyouuutiful. =]

Kilauea Poetry said...

Wow..so magnificant when enlarged! Terrific-

akarui said...

Beautiful view and perspective with nice reflections.

Kirigalpoththa said...

What a lovely scenery!

Jim said...

A wonderful reflective shot.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

it looks a very tranquil spot - I'm not sure what that flashing image just below is but I have to say I found it distracting.

Suburban Girl said...

I love the stillness of the water.

DoanLegacy said...

Beautiful captured! This is a great combination of Reflections and Scenic..

HIDE said...

Beautiful autumn shot!
The Autumn leaves may be at their finest shortly.
Enjoy the changing! Thank you.

Ms. Fiddlesticks said...

I love this picture. It is a beautiful smooth mirror image.

That would be a yes to the side mirror reflection image. Sometimes those do not always come out very good. In this case it was a lucky shot because I was sort of driving. Whoops.

Malyss said...

I like the clouds in the water, like some weves lost in the stream..

Anonymous said...

So very calm and inviting. Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

It looks chilly, but nice!

Carletta said...

A picture postcard!
Love the mirror image!

Anonymous said...

The water is so still. No wind. Dry and crisp air. Perfect for a walk to enjoy the colors of the fall.

Terry said...

oh i just now saw this dimple!
don't you just love the way that your camera captured this lovely refection?
oh! the lake, deep blue on such a still and calm day, under pale blue skies with tiny wisps of clouds....just lovely dimple...love terry

~Cheryl said...

Beautiful, beautiful colors and the perfect reflection makes them doubly wonderful!