Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Water

August, Lake Koocanusa, Montana 
For more Watery Wednesday, click the link in the sidebar.

11 comments:

Judy said...

Lovely wavelets! I love watching the movement of the water!!!!!

Momgen said...

It is pretty dear and that is a great place to visit. happy watery Wednesday.

Mine is here

Bim said...

These are pretty - I love the turquoise!

Carletta said...

Gorgeous!
What lovely color and sky reflection!
Carletta’s Captures.

Gwendolyn L said...

I like the way you caught the "texture" in this water. Nice picture. Thanks for sharing.

eileeninmd said...

Cute little waves, nice watery Wednesday.

Anonymous said...

simply beautifully captured shots...lovely wave textures!

Pblacksaw said...

Great photos!
Patsy

Unknown said...

Ah, perfect.
Makes me feel like jumping into the water, OR send my dogs in ;)

Terry said...

hi dimple...what blue swirling waters.
i have to admit it to you that large bodies of water always make me afraid,
mind you i can swim...in swimming pools but i have always been afraid of the beaches.
although, one time when we went to north carolina and we saw the ocean for the very first time, my sister, betty and me and an elderly lady of 80 ran into that ocean and swam...dresses and all and i even forgot to take my watch off....afterward, i thought about how scared i usually am....hahaha!
the rest of the people on the bus thought we were out of our minds, but sometimes that is a happy state to be in, eh?
good post...my favourite colour is blue!
love terry

ps ..my spell check always tells me that "colour and favourite " are mispelled but this is how we spell those words in canada!

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks lovely and relaxing...