Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Saturday, October 10, 2009

The Tortoise and the Hare


OK, I know these are not actually alive, but they struck my funny bone! Enjoy your weekend!
Visit Camera Critters to see more!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Tom said...

I like these very much... now and again I come across pictures such as this when blogging and realise I'm smiling... and then realise how much the same we all are no matter where we are in the world.
Thank you for all you visits and for taking the time to leave me a comment..
I was glad you liked the picture of the Gorse... I must find you a picture of it in flower... beautiful yellow flowers that can flower all year round. If I come across one soon I will post it for you and let you know.
The Gorse that the feather was caught on is the home to a family of rabbits... I think there is around 20 or so that have burrows in the Gorse. In spring birds nest in them as they provide safety.

Katt said...

ha! they are still critters....bronzed ones...lol

Carletta said...

A cute funny!
LOVE these!!!

Carletta’s Captures.

Ryan M. Barnett said...

Just wanted to thank you for leaving me Psalm 27 a few weeks ago.

Great photo.

Dimple said...

RMB- You're welcome!

PERBS said...

How adorable! Where are these located? In your hometown?

Cezar and Léia said...

oh dear friend...mommy here love turtles! Adorable post, thanks for sharing!
Happy Camera critters
purrs and love
Luna ( WE LOVE LUNA )and mommy Léia

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

They are funny :)

A human kind of human said...

This is really clever... and cute. Thanks for visiting my blog. I hope I will see you there again soon. Blessings.

Tom said...

Just called back to say you are correct... the horse is on the same ill as where the 'spring' was from an earlier posting. I have just updated... and followed your lead with a sculpture I came across on the same walk as the hill pictures. I hope you can make time to see my owl shots.

moosh said...

That picture tells the whole story. I love turtles. Thanks for the smile.

annies home said...

this is super cool picture I love the story and love these great statues even more