Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Molly McButter, Finest of Felines

This is Molly McButter. She came to us a grown cat, already spayed and named. We had agreed to keep her while her owner, our daughter's friend, went out of state. When the friend returned, Molly went back to live with her. Finally though, she was ours for good.

The first thing Molly did when released into our house was disappear into the crawl space, and we didn't see her again for about three months! I don't know what she lived on during that time--probably mice--but eventually she got confident (or hungry) enough to venture out to the cat dish. Then she let me pet her, and then we were friends.

She was very soft and silky. She loved to be held and petted, and would purr like crazy and knead with her paws. I still have T-shirts with claw holes to prove it! If I was sitting down, she was in my lap-- usually I didn't complain! She also loved catnip, which is a weed here, and got very silly when she imbibed!

We had this sweet pet for a number of years before she became sick. We enjoyed her antics and her affectionate nature. But it became clear that trying to prolong her life would not be a good idea, and she went one more time to the vet. She is buried now in my flowerbed, and catnip is growing on her grave. I will miss her always.

5 comments:

blogger said...

it was really a nice and sweet cute cat..

DUTA said...

Sad, but beautiful story about an affectionate cat.

Anonymous said...

She looks so precious. I love the picture of her in the garden. I have a cat that looks amazingly like her! Her name is Lulu. She's 11 years old. I shall post a picture of her on the sidebar of my blog. It's so hard to say goodbye to them...they take such a big piece of our hearts.
Molly McButter will live in your heart fovever.

Baruch said...

Thanks for sharing Molly's life with us. She will be with you for ever - in memory and in your garden ...

Anonymous said...

Lovely. It is a blessing to love and be loved by our furry family members.