Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

On a Duck's Back


18 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Soooo beautiful! Have a wonderful Sunday.

Anvilcloud said...

Really. That's pretty neat.

rjerdee said...

Really? Wow!! Gotta get myself a new camera!

Unknown said...

The beauty that exists in nature when you take the time to look is just ... breath-taking. Thanks so much for reminding me to always keep my eyes wide open :-)

Wendy said...

I love that. I never would've guessed!

wildcatwoods said...

Just lovely! We did find a home for the cat Lil em - thank for your offer to post on FB!

Carolina Mts

Dimple said...

Anvilcloud, becky:
Yes, really. A pet duck which belongs to a friend!

Reena said...

Whoa ... now that's beautiful!

Karen said...

Wow...amazing Louise! What kind of duck?

Unknown said...

Wow. Now I am wondering how you took the photo. Such beautiful feathers.

Joyful said...

Stunning close up of the duck's lovely feathers. Just beautiful.

Nancy said...

Oh my! This is beautiful. :)

genie said...

awesome....gorgeous blue feather. i have never seen a duck with this coloration. It is beautiful and your capture so fine. genie

A Bit of the Blarney said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Well done!!! I'm speechless! Cathy

Unknown said...

SO wonderfully close! LOVE it!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

This is a lovely photo, you have captured the details well.

Danielle said...

I am IN LOVE with this. Beautiful.

James said...

Beautiful shot! I really like this!