Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Snow


I can't say I love snow,
But it is not winter 
Without it.

Snow reveals paths
Which are unseen 
Without it.

Snow awakens longings
Which are unfelt 
Without it.

Snow brings quiet
Which is unheard
Without it.

See It Sunday




20 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it and I love God! Beautiful post!

Unknown said...

you should still enter it in my contest

http://likeChristmaseveryday.com

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautiful. Gorgeous photo and I love the last verse of your poem..."quiet which is unheard without it"...so very true.
K

DUTA said...

Beautiful! I agree with every word in this little poem.

Snow is what the environment needs.
As we see in the picture, snow acts as a blanket insulating the soil; when it melts it replenishes water supply. Snow also enables winter outdoor sports that bring a lot of fun and happiness to people.

rjerdee said...

Lovely poem, Dimple...so is the photo!

Anonymous said...

More than a year that i saw snow back home. thank you for the memories. please have a good friday.

kayerj said...

beautiful!

NitWit1 said...

I love SNOW. Maybe it is because at my age I can chose to play in it, or simply watch it from a window, take a photo or two, or simply enjoy a good nap

Vores have said...

Good morning Dimple.
Beautiful picture you show.
Tonight we have approx. 5 cm of snow, most snow we got this winter.
There are flu epidemic in Denmark, Valter (my husband) and I have it.
Hope you are well.
Wishing you a good weekend.
Hugs Hanne Bente ♥

cieldequimper said...

I love snow too. Not a single snowflake here so far...

Paulie said...

Thanks for sharing your snow with snowless Paulie. At least it stopped raining for a predicted two or three days.

Anonymous said...

It is lovely! And it's true, we have no winter. Kayaking on a river or hiking in a swamp can be quiet though

Laura said...

This is so lovely...I have to admit...I still get excited every time new snow falls, like a child. And yes, I too enjoy the quiet it enfolds us in.

Dragonstar said...

It's a lovely photo, and so peaceful.

RobertN said...

Lovely! Best wishes!

genie said...

Dimple...This is one brrrrrr picture. The black and white medium is perfect. LIke the snow filled f=branches. Such a lovely shot. genie

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tones in this wintry shot!

forgetmenot said...

Lovely photo and beautiful words to go with it. Mickie ;)

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful...both the pictures and the poem.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Beautiful black and white photography.
Beautiful poem, too.

Regards and best wishes