Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow Drops!


Spring is here!
For those who aren't familiar with snow drops, they are very small flowers, about 3 inches high. They bloom very early, even through snow. We don't have any snow now, and the weather is very warm for February. I was out raking yesterday when I saw these. Two days before they were no where to be seen!

For more close ups, visit Macro Monday at Lisa's Chaos, and to see many things yellow (see that little bit of yellow in the left hand flower?) drop by Mellow Yellow Monday.
Posted by Picasa

23 comments:

Johnny Nutcase said...

I love the snow drops, and what a perfect name too. Beautiful photo, glad you spotted them!

Carletta said...

Wonderful macro!
I've seen snowdrops in a few blogs the past couple of days. I don't have any and I think I should. Lovely little blooms.
Out raking - can't believe I'm going to say this - lucky you!:)
Mine’s here: Carletta’s Captures.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on seeing these beautiful flowers - we are covered in ice and snow and they are no where to be found.

Gemma Wiseman said...

Love the name and the flower! Delicate and beautiful!

rjerdee said...

the pull of life...spring returns, slowly but surely, cell by cell...

Colleen said...

Beautiful! I hope we get some early spring blooms soon.

Stephanie V said...

Bring on the spring flowers. Very pretty and delicate.

Linnea said...

Those are too precious. It doesn't get cold enough here, so the only way I can see these is in photos!

Kim, USA said...

We have that kind of flower too. So the name is snow drops that is a very pretty name. Can't wait for the snow to melt down so I could roam around and see flowers sprouting around. Happy Monday!

Blinded by the Light

happily retired gal said...

I don't believe I've ever seen these but they're lovely. Thanks for sharing ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Sacred Ruminations

Jen said...

Oh thanks for telling me about this post today.
There is hope on the horizon. :) Seeing new growth

Andree said...

Thank you for sharing your snow drops. We only have feet of snow on the ground, so your beautiful photo is a real treat.

http://meeyauw-pad.blogspot.com/2010/02/macro-monday-frozen-rhododendron.html

John McDevitt said...

I like these delicate little flowers dimple. Wish we had some here.

Marice said...

cute!

u may view mine here

lazyclick said...

Very lovely flowers.

allhorsestuff said...

Excellent view of a special little flower! You have to be looking all around to spot those...they tend to hide sometimes!
Hey...I thought YOUR idea for a 'Fences of life" or- something of the sort- photo meme would be great!!! GO FOR IT!!!
I think it would be HUGELY popular!!!
KacyK
God bless your heart!

Terry said...

oh dimple..what a sight for winter worn eyes!
you know, in southern ontario, snow drops and crocuses walk hand in hand, and what a a lovely sight they are when they pop their brave little heads up even through the snow.
bernie and i planted some this fall and after seeing yours here, we will keep our eyes open for their arrival!...so, so nice dimple!..love terry

DUTA said...

"When the snow drops flower, can spring be far away?"
In spite of their uniform white color, they are not boring neither in reality nor in pictures. On the contrary.

Viola said...

Hi! Thanks so much for your comments! You've got the first Spring signs I can see.. wonderful snow drops! March is the month of the Spring, but we haven't got any Spring sign here yet.. except from the sun heathing up the snow and ice.. :))Have a nice time! :)

Tom said...

I have yet to see any of these as yet... they always cheer me up as I know that spring and all it brings is not far behind..
Nice to see your name in my comment tonight... thank you.

Unknown said...

I am feeling a tad jealous! But who know, maybe the snow here in Ontario will melt this weekend!

The snowdrops are wonderful!

DoanLegacy said...

I would love to grow this in my yard! It would be wonderful to see in February..

Crown of Beauty said...

Such a lovely photo of snowdrops. Of course since we have a hot climate, we never get to see such flowers in this part of the world. I do appreciate the lovely photos you post on your blog.

Thanks too for visiting my blog the other day. I truly appreciate it.

Love
Lidj