Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Buck in Velvet

This guy was in our yard, browsing on shrubs, flowers, and grass the other evening. I followed him around from inside the house, shooting as many pictures as possible through the windows. Isn't he handsome?

This shot was cropped and converted to black & white with a green filter.
Posted by Picasa

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice B&W of the deer. I came home last night to scare off a doe who had just finished eating all my astilbe flowers.

Dimple said...

Mike, LOL! I understand! They seem to think our flowers are candy!

Serline said...

I have never seen a buck but it looks tame and fun to capture it. Nice shot!

http://narelleserline.blogspot.com/2010/07/negative-effect.html

Mike Simmons said...

Wow, nice close up! Nice in B&W too.

Rune Eide said...

You got those eyes very nice, but I think he has spotted you :-)

I enjoyed those velvety horns.

rjerdee said...

Sleek and gorgeous. Awesome shot! But not so wonderful if they eat your flowers...

Anonymous said...

I cannot see you pics since you changed your template. What should I be doing that I am not?

Sylvia K said...

What a gorgeous capture! I love it! Such beautiful, velvety horns and wonderful eyes! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia

allhorsestuff said...

Great shot!
I love his soft eye!
KK
...anything left of your shrubs and flowers?!

Ralph said...

He does have a sly charm! The velveteen antlers are stunning, to. Great capture!

Anonymous said...

This is a fabulous photo!!

Jonny Hamachi said...

Disco

Dragonstar said...

Very handsome - and he knows it! Beautiful photo.

Unknown said...

Nice shot--the bw and filter give nice effect

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Dimple: Very nice photo, that is going to be a big rack.

Dar said...

What an incredible shot of your gorgeous buck in velvet.
I found you on The Fishing Guy. Glad I did.
BlessYourHeart

EG CameraGirl said...

WOW! You sure did get a great shot here, Dimple!

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful shot!

Carletta said...

Love how you caught the sun on his face!
He has some lovely velvet horns that for sure.

I do like you - window to window and today I decided the windows HAVE to be cleaned. :)

And, I see all your photos just fine.

Gemma Wiseman said...

He looks so handsome! Love the glow of light in his eye!

Gerald (SK14) said...

nice one

Laura said...

He is gorgeous! What a beautiful photo...you have captured a feeling of strength and gentleness...a good reminder that we too can posess both qualities in balance at the same time.

nonizamboni said...

Wonderful capture. I really like seeing the velvet. . .I usually only see does and once in awhile a sweet fawn.
Thanks for sharing a view from my home state!

Anonymous said...

Super portrait Dimple. It's the eyes.

Willard said...

Beautiful! I love the b&w and deer are one of my favorite subjects.

Rechie said...

he looks so sweet...this is a great shot from the window...

mine is here