Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Stars, Stripes, and Clouds

Posted by Picasa

15 comments:

Carolyn Ford said...

Lovely red, white and blue!

Ralph said...

Our flag is slightly unfurled, the 50 stars well defined under a glorious fair weather shy. Such a lovely view!

Sylvia K said...

Lovely skies and clouds and our beautiful flag! Great capture for the day, Dimple! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Kramer said...

I always like seeing Old Glory, especially on a sunny day...

~Cheryl said...

Oh, my goodness! This is such a perfect photo! Superb!

rjerdee said...

Stunning way for us to begin the weekend--a beautiful shot, Dimple. Hope your weekend is great!

Carol said...

I love shots of Old Glory! Red, white, and blue is always beautiful against the sky.

Maude Lynn said...

Beautiful!

DUTA said...

This time - a patriotic capture , the american nation's flag. I've been thinking: since blue (sky) and white (clouds) are the colors of Israel's flag -this could be a good picture to emphasize the friendship between the two nations.

Q said...

Always a delight to catch up with you and your stunning photographs. I was needing some inspiration on this hot and humid day...thanks.
Sherry

Amazing Gracie said...

I will admit a bias, but that's the most beautiful flag in the world.
Excellent photo...

Anonymous said...

I really like this!

Dani said...

Very nice photo.

Have a great Sunday!

Rossel said...

red and blue against the thick clouds. nice shot!

by the way, i am not following this site. hope you could follow me too. thanks!

my post is up here...
http://www.topicsonearth.com/2010/07/great-day.html

Anonymous said...

I like how you've used the flag as another element in a sky photo. It's much more interesting than either shot separately.