Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Wild Onion




These were blooming at our campsite over the Fourth of July. I was fascinated by the transparent membrane around the buds that drew back as the flower opened, it reminded me of an egg hatching. I am using these for
&
(see the pale yellow stamens in the last shot?)
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Very nice shots of the nodding onion, Dimple.

Anonymous said...

I can smell the wild onions Dimple. Nice shots. I can see your pics just fine. The only problem is Blogger. They have the worst spam capcha and convoluted stuff. It drives me nuts and takes forever to post comments. I wish everyone would come to their senses and use Wordpress.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous bokeh in these shots!

rjerdee said...

Lovely shots...camping treasures.

Jan n Jer said...

sometimes the things growing wild are the prettiest! Great shots

Anonymous said...

Fun shots, love those shades of green!

Gayle said...

Such interesting shots capturing the bulbs coming "out of their shell".

DUTA said...

"Go heavy on onions" says the doctor, by which he means: eat a lot of it, it's good for your health.
You "went heavy" on capturing with your camera blooming of wild onions. Fascinating indeed!

Crown of Beauty said...

May I leave this brief comment here?

I visited your Bible blog and happened to read your post entitled Comfort. I wanted to comment there, but couldn't. What you wrote about getting out of our comfort zone really touched me today. Yes, we have everything we need for what God wants us to do, all we have to do is to obey and do it.

Amazing story. Thanks for sharing it for others to read.



Love
Lidj

eileeninmd said...

Very pretty capture! Happy MYM!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you had the patience to photograph this. I normally dig up wild onions and eat them.

Unknown said...

I can smell it from here! I don't think I've ever seen them in bloom, just after blooming.