Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Feather


22 comments:

rjerdee said...

You've used the "golden mean" in making your composition...perfection.

Elisabeth said...

How creative! Very nice.

Carver said...

Very artistic macro.

Kay L. Davies said...

Beautifully done! Bravo!
— K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Twiggy said...

Really cool! I like it a lot.

irinapictures said...

Every image of these three blog posts is so unique and full of feeling. Bravo.

James said...

Abstract beauty!

Anonymous said...

Mind if I give you a wee bit of praise for a fine image Dimple?

Gemma Wiseman said...

Beautiful, creative glimpse of feathered textures!

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very nice composition and your photography, too.

Regards!

Laura said...

wow, what an awesome b&w macro...gorgeous!

Ms. Becky said...

as the page loaded I was in conversation with someone, so didn't notice the title of this post. I kept staring at your photo, unable to determine what it was! but surely I was most fascinated by it - what beauty. the subtlety of this is amazing. very nicely done Dimple! happy day to you.

Unknown said...

What a great macro! Awesome image.

Dragonstar said...

Fine macro Dimple - I'd love to be able to take one like that!

Anonymous said...

really lovely macro image, artistically pleasing!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Beautiful in it's simplicity. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought
http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/08/macro-monday_29.html

Leovi said...

Very interesting this abstract in B & W.

Kim, USA said...

I thought this is a black jeans! Great macro shot!

Goldfinch

Anonymous said...

Very creative in monochrome. Fantastic macro.

Unknown said...

NICE macro! Feathers are so intricate!

2sweetnsaxy said...

Such great detail I didn't think that was a feather. I thought it was some kind of leaf. Wow!

Cedar said...

Such fabulous lines and detail! Beautiful!