Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Winch


Heavy equipment has interesting details.

15 comments:

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

You do a great job on these "technical" photos. You have a great eye! B&W is perfect for this shot.

Anvilcloud said...

We both seem to be in bw mood.

cieldequimper said...

It always works really well in black and white. Love this!

Dragonstar said...

Look at all that detail of the wire cable! Wonderful!

Anonymous said...

It certainly does, especially in black and white. Great shot Dimple!

Nancy said...

What an amazing piece of equipment. Love how the b/w brings out all the textures. Well done! :)

Anonymous said...

I like this shot Dimple. I wonder how it would look stopped down using a good tripod for support? It's tough deciding the focus plane. Nonetheless, this is an excellent composition well rendered in B&W.

Thanks for your comments about my river pic. I encourage folks to click to enlarge the images I post. Too small and you miss a lot.

Yeah, a dark frame would help the image to pop.

I love including a narrative. Combining words and images seems natural to me. Glad my words help.

Anonymous said...

The pattern of the gears and the lines of the cable are mesmerizing.

Karen said...

...and great textures.

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Very good photography.

Regards!

anemonen said...

Lovely textures!

Francisca said...

Well done, Dimple! The detail of the wench is perfect for B&W.

Unknown said...

Great details. Perfect in b&w.

rjerdee said...

Such power and strength...nice composition with such strong textures...

strandskatan said...

Very nice...