Credit Where It Is Due

Credit Where It is Due

I like to make photographs, and I enjoy being praised for what I have done. But God teaches a different attitude, one of thankfulness and humility. He pointed that out to me recently. I DO NOT MAKE THESE PHOTOGRAPHS ALONE. I didn't create the light, or the technology which makes photography possible. I didn't buy my camera, it was a gift from my husband. I didn't give myself the ability to see through the camera in order to make an image which others find pleasing. It is right to use what I have been given to the best of my ability, but it is wrong to take credit for what I have not done. God made the light, the elements which are used to manufacture the camera, and the world from which these images come. He has given me gifts: people to teach me, eyes to see with, and a brain to process information. I am thankful for these gifts. He deserves all the praise, not I.

Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm a Copy-Cat!

OK, I'm a copy-cat!
Two weeks ago James published a very cool upside-down reflection.
I was impressed!
A week later, I took this picture, and I think it also looks cool upside-down!

15 comments:

cieldequimper said...

Lol, James never said you shouldn't copy, did he?!!! This is very, very cool!

'Tsuki said...

It is not really a copy : you subject and the composition are completly different... I'll call that a re-creation, in fact :) ... Very nice shot by the way, my dear Dimple : your eye on Nature is really magical.

joo said...

Beautiful! So calm and peaceful!

Gine said...

C'est comme entrer dans la troisième dimension ... j'en ai le vertige ! Bravo !

Anonymous said...

Think inspiration, not copy cat Dimple. I agree. It does look cool.

The sweater with no hands. Maybe an accident of a sweater hanging behind my aunt or it might have been someone standing behind her, someone with cold hands. I can't remember.

Dianne said...

Delightful - It's hard to distinguish which is the reflection and which is the real thing - beautiful!

Joyful said...

That is cool!

Kim, USA said...

Whatever you call yourself but this really is gorgeous!! hehe Love it! Happy weekend!

Sunset reflection

Francisca said...

In the design business we call is "inspired"... and you WERE inspired, Dimple! This is a great reflection shot... and a wonderful scene.

Anvilcloud said...

Reflections usually look better than the real thing.

Lesley said...

Excellent shot. Very inspiring.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

That's really fun~~ And a lovely picture any which way. I haven't visited James' fun meme recently b/c I haven't had many good reflections..

James said...

Wow! This is a wonderful shot! The reflected clouds and trees look so perfect! Thanks for the compliment!

Getting ideas from others is one of the things that's fun about Weekend Reflections. :)

forgetmenot said...

Great photo--right side up or upside down--very pretty. And, it's OK to copy sometimes--in this case it was a very good idea. Mickie :)

Unknown said...

And it worked just fine, it's a gorgeous image.